How can I become a new customer?
- Call 1-800-828-7983 or 847-669-2100, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST and a Customer Service Representative will be happy to help walk you through the process.
- Pre-payment is required for your first order which you can either place online or over the phone. We take Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
What is your minimum order?
Our minimum order is $200.
How do you handle Backorders?
- Currently unavailable items will only be backordered at the customer request.
Can I return something if it doesn’t sell?
- While we always sell high quality, delicious foods, some items sell better than others in certain geographic regions. Therefore, we cannot guarantee sell-through of seasonal merchandise.
What happens if I have to cancel my pre-ordered holiday items?
- We understand that circumstances happen in your business that may require you to adjust some of your plans. If those changes involve a cancellation of pre-ordered items, it will result in a small 10% re-stocking fee to help us with the cost involved in processing and reselling the cancelled product. Unfortunately, special orders are non-refundable.
How can I place my order?
- We have several ways for you to place your order:
Phone: 1-800-828-7983 or 847-669-2100 (Mon-Fri 8a-5p CST)
(call for initial access)
USPS Mail: Chicago Importing Company
11200 E. Main Street,
Huntley, IL 60142
How can I find the prices for items on your website?
- You must have an account with Chicago Importing which will give you access to login to the site. Please contact the customer service department at (800) 828-7983 to get started.
- Once you have access to the site with your login, the pricing will default to your order.
- Due to the nature of the import business, prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Can I purchase one unit of an item? Do I have to purchase a whole case?
- Our products are sold by the case and cannot be mixed or split up.
- Pack sizes are subject to change without prior notice.
What is the shelf life of the products?
- Most products ship from our warehouse with well over 6 months remaining shelf life. We guarantee we will not ship product with less than 60 days (2 months) remaining shelf life.
Can I buy Liquor Filled Chocolates?
- Please check with the laws in your state before purchasing alcohol-filled products. It is unlawful to give alcohol to persons under the age of 21.
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express & Discover credit cards.
- Net 20 terms are available for qualified customers. Please contact Customer Service for details.
What are your freight terms?
- We primarily ship using FedEx Ground and the charges are prepaid and added to your invoice.
- If you desire, FedEx COD is $9.00 per order plus an additional handling fee of $1.50 per box.
- If your order is greater than $3,500 , we will provide you with free freight within the continental US. This free freight must be on a single shipment to the same location. See our terms and conditions for details.
- Perishable seafood must be kept cold during shipping. If the order is not shipping via a refrigerated freight service, then we will need to ship it Next Day or 2nd Day Air with insulated boxes and ice packs.
- For shipping, all prices are FOB Huntley, IL
- Due to their fragile nature, glass products are an additional $1.00 per case.
Won’t my chocolate melt during shipping in warm weather?
- When shipping chocolate products via FedEx or any parcel service during warm weather, we will ship in an insulated container with ice packs and within a one-day service area or via Next Day Air.
- For larger orders, refrigerated freight service is also available from your carrier or ours.
My item arrived damaged. What do I do?
- Quality claims must be filed within 48 hours of delivery. Goods may not be returned, and invoice deductions may not be taken without prior authorization from Chicago Importing Company.
- Shipping claims must be filed within 48 hours of delivery. Claims must include a copy of the bill of lading with damages and discrepancies noted along with the driver’s signature. Claims may include pictures and detailed information to assist in filing a claim with the trucking company.